To fully understand the functionality of Project Server 2010, it’s important to have a good grasp of it’s underlying platform, SharePoint Server 2010. Back in October, Microsoft hosted the SharePoint Developers Conference in Las Vegas where pretty much every detail of the upcoming release of SharePoint was made public.
I noticed today that Microsoft have released a number of the presentation decks from the conference, covering topics like:
- Building Solutions with Business Connectivity Services by Using Visual Studio 2010
- Deep Dive into Open XML 2.0 and the Open XML SDK 2.0
- Developing Advanced Access 2010 Web Databases & Publishing to SharePoint 2010
- Developing with REST and LINQ in SharePoint 2010
- Developing with the New User Interface Features in SharePoint 2010
- Excel 2010 and Excel Services, and the Top 10 New Features
- Office 2010 UI Extensibility and Customization: Customizing with the Backstage View and Ribbon
- Overview of the SharePoint 2010 Developer Platform
- Visual Studio 2010 SharePoint 2010 Development Tools Overview
- What’s New in Office 2010 for Developers
You can download these presentations here.
These presentations compliment a number of other excellent resources from Microsoft including:
- The SharePoint 2010 Developer Training Kit – Guidance on how to develop for SharePoint 2010 including decks, hands on labs and source code.
- SharePoint Developer Videos – A video based course giving an overview of the new features of SharePoint 2010.
- And finally, remember to check out the Project Server sessions from the Project Conference last year as mentioned in this post by Christophe.