Last week a question came up as to whether it is possible to have multiple cost rates for a resource within the same project. The answer of course is yes, and this is how you do it.
1. Navigate to the Resource Sheet and double click on the resource you want to have multiple rates.
2. Navigate to the Costs tab of the Resource Information dialog
3. In the cost rate table, you can enter up to 5 different cost rates from A – E
4. Open the Resource Usage view and add the Cost Rate Table column
5. Change the Cost Rate Table entry to which ever cost rate you wish the resource to have for that task.