This morning, Microsoft announced the availability of the first public preview of Office 2013 which you can download from office.com/preview.
Office 2013 is a massive release, encompassing nearly every product in the Office suite, including my favourites, Project, Project server and of course SharePoint. Over the next few weeks I will drill into each of the products and highlight some of the new capabilities, changes and favourite features.
The Microsoft team have released an absolute stack of content today to compliment and support the release, including:
- Updated Project website (http://www.microsoft.com/project/en-us/preview/default.aspx)
- Project Server 2013 Preview on Technet (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc303399(v=office.15))
- Project Server 2013 Preview Technical Library in Compiled help format (Project Server CHM)
- Download Project Server 2013 preview (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/evalcenter/hh973403)
- Download SharePoint Server 2013 preview (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/evalcenter/hh973397)
- Get Started with Project Online (http://officepreview.microsoft.com/en-au/project-server-help/get-started-with-project-online-HA102858793.aspx)
and my favourites, Christophe and Jan’s videos in the Project Server TechCenter:
- Project Online overview (Project Online overview)
- Project 2013 scalability and performance (Project 2013 scalability and performance improvements)
- Project 2013 flexibility overview and improvements (Project 2013 flexibility overview and improvements)
- Get started with Project Online (Demo) (Get Started with Project Online (Demo))
- What’s new in Project 2013 for Developers (What’s new in Project 2013 for developers (Overview))
- Project 2013 overview for IT professionals (Project 2013 overview for IT professionals)
- Summary of what’s new in Project 2013 for IT (Summary of what’s new in Project 2013 for IT Professionals)
- What’s new in Project Server 2013 for IT (What’s new in Project Server 2013 for IT Professionals (Overview))
- Get Started With Project Online (Overview) (Get Started with Project Online (Overview))
As always, if you have questions, the Project forums at http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/project are a great place to start.
I encourage you to go out and try Office 2013 and to spin up an Project Online tenant for Office 365 today and get testing!!