Last night at the SharePoint Conference in Las Vegas, Microsoft announced the winners of the ‘Appies’, recognising the best apps in the Microsoft Office and SharePoint stores. The awards highlighted a number of great apps covering SharePoint, Office and Project, including:
- Campagna and Schott for their CS Task Board app, a runner up in the Best UI award;
- CPS’s Project Task Auditor, winning the Most Business Value award for Project client apps; and
- Sensei’s Project Dashboard, winning the Most Interesting Scenario, Project category.
Personally, whilst I didn’t get a chance to enter any of my existing, or new apps into the awards, I was really excited that Nintex (who I work for in my day job) won three categories including Most Interesting Scenario for SharePoint, Most Downloaded SharePoint app & the People’s Choice for Nintex Workflow for Office 365 and runner up in two categories for Nintex Forms for Office 365 :)
So given that there are so many great apps out there in the store, I thought this would be a good time to do some mini reviews of the apps for Project Server, so over the coming weeks will be diving into a few of them in a bit more detail, including:
- UMT 360’s Workflow Visualization App
- Fluent Pro’s EPM Pulse for Project Online
- Near Baseline’s Bulk Edit
- and a few others….
Stay tuned :)